Saturday, June 8, 2013

Living Sacrifices

Romans 11:1
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

When do we--or should we--worship? Daily! And if offering our bodies to God is an act of worship, then we must offer our bodies daily! How do we do that? In our activities of each day, no matter how mundane those activities may seem.

Living sacrifices are, well, ALIVE! ACTIVE! What are we to do? In every part of our life, we must make ourselves available to His use, INTENTIONALLY. It won't happen on its own. What are some practical examples? I will name a few areas the Holy Spirit has shown me:

As I pick up/clean up after my family, I choose to serve them (and in doing so, serve the Lord) and not grumble.

As I drive, I must represent Him and keep my spirit quiet rather than be aggravated. 

I need to not be so self-indulgent that I don't leave time, or make time, for Him in my day.

As I interact with others, ask God to direct what He would have me do.

If we are still and quiet before God and ask Him honestly how He would like us to be that living sacrifice, He will speak. Be ready for it. Open your heart and ears and eyes and it will become clear. It is not until we are sacrifices before Him that we can truly worship Him in the way He desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment